Accessibility Statement for Eccleston Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to Eccleston Parish Council’s website.
Eccleston Parish Council wants as many people as possible to be able to use this website. That means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
Text on the website has been made as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making devices easier for people with a disability.
Accessibility of this website
Some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some documents are not fully accessible to screen readers
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact Eccleston Parish Council:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0151 345 7533
- address: Eccleston Parish Council, Eccleston Village Hall, Kiln Lane, Eccleston, WA10 4RA
Your request will be considered and someone will get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
The Parish Council is always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think the Parish Council are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact Eccleston Parish Council.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how Eccleston Parish Council responds to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Eccleston Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is designed to meet the technical requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Images – some images do not yet have text alternative (alt text), therefore the information in them is not available to people using a screen reader.
Issues with PDF and other documents – some of the PDF and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards. For example, they may not be structured to be accessible to a screen reader.
Exemptions from the accessibility guidelines
The following areas are excluded under section 4 (2) of the guidelines:
- Reproductions of heritage documents
- Making online maps accessible
The Parish Council hope to continue to improve accessibility to the website. Any feedback on areas where further improvements are required would be welcomed.